Our care workers are our finest asset so we invest heavily in their development. After a rigorous registration procedure, with full referencing and police checks, everyone on the team receives comprehensive mandatory and specialist training.
Along with continuous support, each care worker is routinely supervised to ensure we keep our promise and your needs are being met. If you would like to hear what our care workers say about working for Universal Care Agency, we have included a quote below.
You can also use the tabs on this page to learn more about our training, recruitment procedure or the traits and characteristics of our staff.
- 4Professionally qualified
- 7There when you need them
- 8Passionate about delivering quality care
To ensure your needs are always being met, we ensure all Universal Care Agency staff undergo comprehensive mandatory and specialist training. This is essential for the safety of both our clients and staff, but also allows us to improve the quality of the care we deliver and create development plans for staff that are keen to expand their set of skills. We have listed some of our training modules below if you would like to see what’s involved.
Some of our training modules:
- 1Fire safety
- 2Food hygiene
- 3Infection control
- 4Adult Protection
- 5First Aid – Basic Life Support
- 6Manual handling
- 7Deprivation of liberty
- 8Dignity and respect
- 9Dementia care
At Universal Care Agency we follow a strict recruitment procedure and conduct full referencing and police checks to ensure our care workers are the best in the industry. Every applicant must pass our comprehensive criteria including relevant experience, qualifications, personal traits and characteristics and values of delivering exceptional care. We have listed some of our recruitment stages below if you would like to see what’s involved.
- 1Complete Staff Application pack
- 2Conduct two-person interview
- 3Recruitment checks and references
- 4DBS check
- 5Training and Induction
- 6Shadow working
- 7Ongoing support from Manager
– Sally Burgess, Universal Care Worker“I have been working with Universal Care Agency for over a year now and love being part of the team. I have worked for a few different agencies in my career and I can honestly say that UCA is the place I want to stay. I love that we are included in decision making and are encouraged, always, to look for new ways to improve the quality of care we deliver. I would let UCA care for my mum or dad and that, I think, says it all.”